Sartell Care CenterOverview
Full Time Lead Cook l 80 hours per 2 weeks l Shift is scheduled between 7am - 7pm and included every other weekend rotation
Ecumen is hiring a Cook Lead for our newly acquired Chateau Waters Community in Sartell which consists of assisted living, independent living and rehabilitation care therapy suites.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
The Cook Lead is responsible for proper food prep, cooking and service of food while recognizing special diets, resident's dietary needs and requests. Maintains work area in proper order and follows established policies and procedures of the facility while demonstrating high levels of service. Complies with all federal and state regulations.Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Provides exemplary service to our residents, families and guests, ensuring all feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service.
2. Preps, prepares, cooks and serves meals to residents, families, guests and employees. Properly operates and maintains all equipment in the food preparation area. Accurately follows directions and recipes. Ability to convert recipes for various size groups. Follows production guidelines for best product usage, portion control and use of leftovers.
3. Maintains adequate inventory of food and supplies. Assists with inventory process as directed.
4. Supports the Leadership Team. Gives direction as needed and reports to the supervisor.
5. Maintains a clean, sanitary, safe and efficiently organized work area. Products will be labeled, dated and rotated ensuring an adequate, fresh inventory of food and supplies.
6. Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events, and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available.
7. Ensures residents with special diets receive appropriate food. Accommodates resident requests promptly.
8. Demonstrates proper safety and sanitation techniques as part of the work.
9. Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the leadership team.QualificationsCook LeadMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Commercial kitchen experience
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Current Serv Safe certification or equivalent
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Previous senior care experience
- Culinary training, certification or degree
- Leadership experience
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.