Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
HR ASSISTANT COORDINATOR (PART-TIME, 20 HOURS/WEEK)
Work Location: Office for your Day (Specific Onsite Days Required)
As the HR Assistant/Coordinator, you will serve as one of the first points of contact for employees and the department. You will provide HRIS, benefit and administrative support for the Total Rewards and Operations team.
• Serve as a first point of contact for the department by greeting employees as they enter HR.
• Send and track new hire paperwork. Support the entry of new hire information into ADP and partner with HR Coordinator and Generalist on projects as it relates to updating ADP employee data.
• Process tuition reimbursement paperwork, ensuring proper follow-up with leader and employee and processing payroll requests for reimbursement. Process job shadowing forms and work at home paperwork. Ensuring appropriate signatures and coordination between HR, leaders and staff.
• Collaborate with HR staff to ensure department projects or needs are met. Including filing and record retention.
• Assist with updating and maintenance of HR SharePoint sites; including benefit page, People on the Move, and Employee Highlight page. Partner with HR Coordinator to ensure documents and content are accurate and current.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED.
One-year administrative experience. Intermediate to advanced skills using Microsoft Office.
Experience with ADP or Cornerstone. Experience with SharePoint.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 11/21/2023