Full Time Clinical Quality Coordinator (Clinical Administrative Assistant) l 80 hours every 2 weeks l Occasional Weekend Coverage
Ecumen Lakeshore is hiring a Clinical Quality Coordinator. The Ecumen Lakeshore community includes 100 independent living and 40 assisted living apartment homes, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services as well as short-term rehab and post-hospital care private rooms to care for up to 60 patients along the picturesque shore of Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities:
The Clinical Quality Corodinator supports the clinical team by coordinating day to day scheduling, monitoring departmental data, and ensuring documentation compliance. The Clinical Quality Coordinator engages with residents, families, and providers to identify opportunities that will enhance person-centered plans of care and promote satisfaction. Essential Job Responsibilities:
QualificationsClinical Quality CoordinatorMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Serves as the liaison to the central staffing & scheduling teams to ensure the community is staffed to meet the community's needs.
- Assists the Clinical Director to manage administrative functions of the department including monitoring metrics, auditing for documentation consistency, filing records, and assisting with contract coordination. Stays up to date with policies and procedures, follows standard operating procedures and consistently uses Ecumen tools and resources as designed.
- Coordinates clinical team onboarding and training schedules and monitors ongoing training compliance. Actively engages with the entire team to foster a positive culture promoting team member retention.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with all team members, residents, family members, and outside providers. Participates in daily stand-up/team huddles, returns voicemails, emails, and texts messages, and follows up on grievances/complaints, escalating concerns appropriately.
- Responsible for entering, editing, and verifying that resident services are scheduled, completed, and documented properly in the Electronic Health Record system. Regularly reviews unscheduled services and collaborates with both clinical and billing departments to accurately capture service revenue.
- Assists in arranging transportation and schedules resident appointments and on-site clinics. Collaborates with the Ecumen Store and other providers and partners to order resident supplies and durable medical equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience in healthcare
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient use of electronic health records systems, software programs, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to Know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.