Ecumen Float PoolOverview
Full Time Float Hospice RN - This position will support our Duluth, Mankato, Twin Cities, North Branch and Litchfield locations. Day Shift Monday-Friday - We offer excellent benefits, competitive pay and an incredibly supportive team environment.
Ecumen is hiring a Float Nurse, RN for our Float Pool. The Ecumen Float Pool serves Metro Area Hospice Communities. We're hiring Float Pool Registered Nurses to support our team members, residents, and family members. Travel is required for this position. You will have the opportunity to work with our teams throughout the Metro Area. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
Float Hospice RN
The Float Hospice RN is responsible for ensuring the health and safety needs of all patients are met. This position will also help ensure that hospice is in compliance with current regulations and standards of practice. This position serves a wide variety of patients across all Ecumen Hospice branches, travels between multiple locations based on Ecumen's needs, and must be able to relate professionally with patients, team members, facility staff, and hospice physicians.
Essential Job Responsibilities:Completes routine visits, assessments, medication reconciliation and symptom management for assigned patients. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation of assigned patient including the Care Plan.Communicates with physicians/Hospice Medical Director regarding changes in condition or changes in medication needs.Provides medication education to patients/families/caregivers as needed in the hospice setting.Collaborates with other hospice team members and disciplines and those team members of facilities our patients reside in to provide comprehensive, quality end-of-life care.Qualifications
Registered Nurse (RN), Float Pool
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing program
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure
- 1 year of current hospice experience
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance or reliable transportation and ability to travel to our communities
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in the work environment
- Willingness and ability to travel to various Ecumen sites
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of hospice including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, Medicare hospice rules and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of hospice experience
- Proven leadership abilities
- Previous experience in a float pool or position
- Availability and willingness to pick up shifts
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.