Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
MEMBER ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST - UTRR - January 8th, 2024 Start Date
Work Location: Work from Home.
As a Member Engagement Specialist - Unable to Reach/Refusal (UTRR), you will be responsible to provide outbound telephonic engagement calls to engage unable to reach and refusal members to improve care coordination program participation. You will focus on engaging, members into care coordination programs.
• Provide outbound telephonic engagement calls to members who have been unable to reach or previously refused to engage in care coordination. Appropriately utilize interpreter services as needed.
• Complete accurate, thorough, and timely required documentation. Enter member information in the clinical documentation system; Guiding Care.
• Communicate change of Care Coordinator, member address changes, and report deaths to county member resides in.
• Monitor and report all quality-of-care issues through the appropriate internal or external systems.
• Utilize motivational interviewing skills to engage members in conversations about the benefits of care coordination and their health-related needs. If member is agreeable to completing a Health Risk Assessment, schedule member with a Care Coordinator or complete a live transfer to a Care Coordinator for completion of Health Risk Assessment.
• Provide outbound telephonic engagement calls to members with identified gaps in care to assist in obtaining preventive care and services. Attempt to find valid member phone numbers in a variety of approved programs and web applications.
• Identify and implement strategies to reach and maintain department program goals.
• Collaborate with members and/or family members, providers, clinic staff, and other relevant agencies to determine the best source of communication methods that meet member needs and ensures desired outcomes.
• Research and document member's program eligibility.
• Maintain good working relationships and open communication with internal and external customers.
• Create, maintain and daily update list of members to reflect the addition and removal of members, contact attempts and specific member communication data. Complete productivity tracking as directed.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent, graduate or education from an accredited college, university, or vocational school.
Two years of customer service or sales and marketing experience in a call center, health insurance, physician group practice, or community agency. Proficient PC skills and in Microsoft Office (with emphasis on Excel spreadsheets).
Knowledge of and experience in telephonic outreach coordination. Excellent computer word processing and data base experience. Experience with MMIS and/or Electronic Health Record (HER) preferred.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 11/22/23