Description: The pay range is $123,100.00 - $221,600.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target's distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties
teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target's brand through leading-edge design, development, construction, and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams and help us make the most of Target's physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role within the Properties Construction Department
means being part of a team that brings ideas to life for our guests and team members across the country. As a Director of Construction
, you will lead a team that creates estimates for capital investments, provides cost trends, and financial program health analysis for the enterprise. You and your team will lead the estimating of enterprise investments across our new store, remodel, special projects and supply chain programs. While the projects will evolve based on the needs of the business, your key goals include:
- Create and communicate accurate capital budgets for all new store, remodel, special project and supply chain requests.
- Support monthly forecasting, cash flow, audit and actual spend routines.
- Develop consistent and holistic routines that provide cost clarity across Properties, GSCL, Stores, Finance, and Accounting teams.
- Develop and support tiered estimating processes, deliverables and communication plans based upon known inputs throughout project phases, from conceptual phases to final design.
- Develop bid phase unit, system and assembly cost breakdown inquiries to update and support cost databases.
- Regular evaluation of the competitive landscape through external partnerships and data gathering to understand cost trends across the industry.
- Play an active and influential role in the change process across new store, remodel, special project and supply chain programs.
- Lead operational and developmental routines for the team, while enabling productive and efficient information sharing, planning, decision making and team empowerment.
- Develop business justification for product, data or system support.
- Collaborate and build relationships with peers and senior leaders to align and activate strategies.
Core responsibilities of this job may change at any time in the event of evolving business needs.About You:
- Construction project management and/or estimating experience is required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience building and leading diverse, inclusive, and engaged teams.
- Proven success leading cross functional teams with complex scope.
- Strong analytical skills to synthesize and translate data into insights.
- Ability to coach/mentor team to leverage data to set goals and objectively solve problems.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present across a variety of leaders and stakeholders.
- Enterprise mindset with organizational influence to connect and operate effectively across teams.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment through curiosity and comfort to test, learn and iterate.
- Continuous learner
- Demonstrated ability to develop and translate strategy to action
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.