Ecumen Home Care - LakeshoreOverview
Administrative Assistant - Part Time 48hrs bi-weekly - Flexible Schedule
Ecumen Home Care-Lakeshore is hiring an Administrative Assistant. Ecumen Home Care-Lakeshore provides in-home and community based services in the Minnesota Duluth area and is located in Duluth, Minnesota. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing confidential, professional administrative support while working in accordance with established policies, procedures, and/or specific instructions from the executive director and/or delegated supervisor. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for sending out correspondence, data entry, issuing receipts as applicable, assisting with administrative projects, and filing. Essential job responsibilities: Answers the phone politely and attentively, screens calls, routes calls, and takes messages for residents and staff.Composes, types, copies and disseminates special reports, documents, correspondence, and provides clerical assistance as directed from various departments and staff. Organizes and maintains filing systems which may include assembling medical charts, organizing and purging medical records. Sends and receives fax transmissions, as directed.May assist with inventory control and purchasing and ordering medical and office supplies. Performs errands for the organization, as assigned.Conducts project as assigned.Other duties as assignedQualificationsAdministrative AssistantMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Excellent customer service and phone skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to meet deadlines despite distractions and interruptions.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Experience working with seniors.
- Must be able prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Must be able to work independently and must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to maintain confidential treatment of information and communications.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We participate in E-Verify.