Ecumen Detroit LakesOverview
On-Call/PRN Speech Therapist
Ecumen Detroit Lakes is hiring a Speech Therapist. Ecumen Detroit Lakes consists of 101 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 92 nursing home beds and 22 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
This position provides and directs speech therapy services to patients including assessment and treatment with speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders.Essential job responsibilities include:Administers hearing or speech/language evaluations, tests, or examinations to patients to collect information on type and degree of impairments, using written and oral tests and special instruments.Coordinates treatment plan with resident, family, and other team members.Records information on the initial evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge of clients. Monitors patient's response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders. Instructs clients in techniques for more effective communication, including sign language, lip reading, and voice improvement.Practices within state licensure requirements and scope of practice.Follows guidelines/requirements set by CMS, federal and state regulations and meeting requirements set by other payors (insurance companies).Manages and maintains individual license/certification renewals and when applicable other professional certifications.QualificationsSpeech TherapistMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Previous experience in the rehabilitation/therapy field
- Current license, state certification, or registered as a Speech Therapist in good standing
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations including able to work irregular hours, attend meetings and special events.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Doctor of Speech Language Pathology (SLPD) degree
- Previous experience in home health, hospice or senior care.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.