Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
HEALTH SERVICES PROJECT MANAGER
Work Location: Work from Home
As the Health Services Project Manager, you will be responsible for using project management tools and methodologies to organize and ensure execution of Health Services projects while aligning with the organization's strategic plan, department's annual workplan and operational efficiencies. Projects may include leading and coordinating business requirement documentation, testing, communications, deployment, and updates to department operations; responses to regulatory requirements; and ad hoc projects. Projects will include a wide variety of specific measurable outcomes.
• Create project plans that meet regulatory, and business needs for assigned projects. Using project management methodologies and tools, develop and maintain project documentation such as charters and other documentation. Ensure stakeholder have access to project documentation.
• Lead project timelines, requirement documentation, testing, communications, deployment, and updates. Ensure project timelines and deliverables are met. Keep department teams informed of project activities and manage department project assignments.
• Identify challenges, risks, and potential mitigation efforts. Independently facilitate resolution of complex issues, escalating only the most complex issues to staff.
• Track and report on project status, performance, and project interdependencies; including scope, schedule, quality risks, project status, resource allocation and customer impact to ensure projects are executed per the organization's strategic plan or department's annual work plan.
• Identify enhancements of project management processes, tooling and templates to improve the project management program.
• Proactively work to remove project obstacles, identify, and manage issue escalations, and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
• Collaboratively and effectively build positive relationships with internal and external customers.
• Identify and delegate tasks within projects to staff that are best positioned to complete them.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree. Demonstrated work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Two years of proven project management experience, including facilitating and leading cross-functional teams. Understanding of project management concepts and methodologies. Experience navigating a large, heavily matrixed environment across various stakeholders, including those in a virtual environment.
Experience leading projects in a health care setting. Practical experience in managed care, government programs or health plans. Experience with Microsoft Project, Gantt charts, and/or SharePoint. PMI certification.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 11/22/2023