Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
PROJECT LEAD - STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
Work Location: Office for Your Day
As the Project Lead - Strategic Partnerships, you will be responsible to lead and manage corporate-level cross-departmental projects that support the organization's strategic plan, regulatory requirements, operational initiatives, or health care reform. Specifically, this position will support our strategic partnerships with providers and other organizations that align with UCare's mission and requires project management across UCare and its partners. Projects may include management of project governance, evaluation and/or implementation of services, systems, or business process improvement opportunities.
You are a member of a team where you will participate in a variety of roles. These roles will be determined based on work initiatives and leader direction.
• Responsible for the successful planning, execution and completion of projects.
• Identify challenges, facilitate solution development and make recommendations to the project sponsor and all stakeholders as needed.
• Communicate project status and barriers to key stakeholders throughout the project.
• Develop and maintain project documentation and artifacts such as charters, risk registers, issue logs, and other documentation as defined by the business
• Collaboratively and effectively work with internal and external entities including strategic partner organizations and other vendors.
• Mentor project stakeholders, business and IT project managers who are managing projects within their departments.
• Organize, motivate and provide leadership to cross-functional work teams from all operating areas within UCare and its strategic partners.
• Provide recommendations and manage individual projects applying appropriate project management concepts and methodologies.
• Support the development of project budgets and cost benefit analyses.
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of industry practices, trends, and methodologies.
• Support business leaders by identifying strategic or operational project opportunities for annual project planning.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in project management, business or related field preferred; demonstrated work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Five years of experience running significant projects within a large provider system or health plan. Experience working in a matrixed environment. Industry knowledge. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications. Understanding of project management concepts and methodologies.
Practical experience in and/or knowledge of health care, managed care, health systems and providers, government programs or health plans. Medicare and/or Medicaid experience. Microsoft Project experience. PMI Certification.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 11/29/2023