Description: The pay range is $67,600.00 - $121,700.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Working at Target means helping all families discover the joy of everyday life. We bring that vision to life through our values and culture. Learn more about Target here.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are a rapidly growing $100 billion retailer offering innovative, guest-inspiring assortments and advancing our capabilities to do this for decades to come. We deliver exceptional value, quality and style that elevates Target as the premier retailer in a competitive marketplace.
Are you a creative data-driven problem-solver? Do you want to see your insights come to life through results? Can you collaborate, plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
As an Everyday Pricing Insights Analyst
in Target's Pricing & Promotions Center of Excellence, you play an integral role working beside buyers, planners, and promotional planning teams. You will own the pricing decisions for a set of categories and develop pricing insights by assessing competitive, financial and guest data relating to our pricing performance. You will activate against these insights with a broad set of partners including our Pricing Strategy teams, Global Pricing Operations, Data Sciences, and Product teams, across the Pricing & Promotions COE, in addition to partnering with core Merchandising teams. You will bring these insights to life in the following ways:
- Own pricing decisions and investment opportunities for a set of categories within frequency businesses in Food & Beverage or Essentials & Beauty.
- Regularly review your category's price position in the marketplace with buyers, planners, and promo planning teams.
To achieve these goals, you will engage in several activities including, but not limited to:
- Weekly assessment and response to changes in the competitive and business environments to ensure that Target maintains strong everyday price position.
- Market intelligence summaries of strategic pricing changes implemented by key competitors
- Maintain a Pricing Playbook for each division, key seasons, and bring data-driven recommendations that improve our future price position and/or financial results.
- Delivery of objectives tied to captainships which improve the performance of the global Everyday Pricing and Competitive Retail Intelligence teams
- Lead weekly competitive promo and pricing routines for top sales driving items in key seasons.
- Influence pricing outcomes by building strong, trusted relationships with merchants, strategy & planning teams, pricing product teams, and operations.
- Developing and prioritizing action plans to improve KPI metrics via a blend of short-term countermeasures and long-term solutions
- Using domain expertise to determine the most effective data sources to improve pricing performance, inclusive of multiple internal reporting tools, 3rd party insights platforms, or acquisition of data through field studies
- Using economic and pricing strategies to improve gross margin performance and price perception
- Creating compelling problem statements and business cases to support and advance our pricing strategy
- Assessing and balancing stakeholder interests in managing price competitiveness vs gross margin
- Providing subject matter expertise on pricing capabilities
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of professional work experience
- Demonstrated peer leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to influence others through data and insights
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maximize relationships
- Strategic orientation and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to manipulate data in Excel
- Strong financial acumen
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Understanding of Merchandising Product Lifecycle or prior experience on a merchandising team
- Microeconomic and Pricing concepts in theory and application
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Headquarter location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be
performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.