St Benedicts Care CenterOverview
Full Time Assistant Director of Nursing
Ecumen is hiring an Assistant Director of Nursing for our newly acquired St. Benedict's Community in St. Cloud which consists of assisted living, long-term care, rehabilitation care, memory care, and independent living.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
The Assistant Director of Nursing is responsible for assisting the Director of Nursing (DON) with implementing resident care policies, supervising the direct nursing staff, and establishing standards, goals, objectives to assist residents with achieving or maintaining their highest practicable level of physical, spiritual and psychosocial well-being. Essential Job Responsibilities: Ensures that site policies and procedures meet State and Federal requirements as well as all rules and regulations are adhered to. Responsible for coordination and direction of all resident care; coordinates care and services with other departments/providers from the time of admission to discharge. Completes appropriate assessments, documentation, delegating data collection within scope of practice and acting timely on findings. Administers medications, completes treatments as ordered and accurately observes and monitors resident's condition on an ongoing basis. Supervises employees in the nursing department. Responsibilities include training and educating employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, performance appraisals, delivering praise and corrective action to employees, addressing complaints and problem resolution. Maintains safety of residents and employees. Responds appropriately to safety hazards and reports any issues to the appropriate person. Ensures that all staff follow the infection control policy and procedure. Promotes effective working relationships with the multi-disciplinary team, medical staff, volunteers, and agencies affiliated with the nursing home. Assists with the coordination and facilitation of nursing staff meetings, care conferences, quarterly Quality Assurance meetings, educational programs, in-services and ensuring annual educational requirements for all nursing personnel are met.QualificationsAssistant Director of NursingMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing for Registered Nursing program
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure.
- 3+ years of related nursing experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and State Regulations, MDS/RAI process, OBRA reimbursements systems, case mix, Medicare Care planning, or the willingness to obtain training in these areas.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- BSN or MSN preferred
- Previous experience working with seniors
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.