Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
HEALTH SERVICES BUSINESS ANALYST MANAGER
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for Your Day
As the Health Services Business Analysis (BA) Manager, you will be responsible to manage, coach and oversee the Health Services Business Analysis (HSBA) team through the study and measurement of department business processes, the data they generate, and key processes and outcome metrics. The HSBA team works to identify and collaborate towards creating value through process improvement and design, according to priority as established by key business stakeholders. The HSBA manager supports all areas within the Health Services division, which includes Clinical Services, Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder Services, and Care Coordination & LTSS.
• Oversee the analysis and representation of Health Services clinical and business processes, key metrics, and systems.
• Provide leadership for the work of the HSBA team that aligns with strategic and department goals. This includes delegation of work activities, coaching, mentoring, goal setting, development and engagement. Provide leadership to the development of new and ongoing project efforts as they relate to business processes within the Health Services organization.
• Build relationships across the organization, while leveraging individual and cultural diversity, to assist in achieving business goals and objectives. Partner cross-functionally to plan, coordinate, execute and report Health Services Business Analyst activities associated with GuidingCare and other projects, and enhancements.
• Support Health Care Economics (HCE) led data governance initiatives.
• Oversee and ensure adequate resources are assigned to perform and/or facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in partnership with the GuidingCare product team, Health Services Analytics team, and other HealthServices prioritized initiatives requiring HealthServices UAT support.
• Drive the identification, documentation and communication of epics, features and user stories to support Health Services & Quality Operations product, process, people, and technology changes and improvements. Partner with IT to ensure alignment with Agile documentation practices in Azure DevOps.
• Collaborate with key partners to prioritize backlog of Health Services cross departmental initiatives to design new workflows and analytic assets through Clinical Informatics intake and design processes.
• Responsible for measuring the flow of work moving through the team and support the development for determining and measuring business value created from team output.
• Ensure optimal subject matter expertise participation for cross functional projects, workgroups and committees.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Five years of managerial/supervisory/leadership experience. Seven years of business analysis experience. At least three years of operational and/or Healthcare industry experience. Demonstrated track record of successful planning and managing of others. Experience defining user and functional requirements.
Experience with agile project management methodologies, product management, Lean principles. Experience using Human Centered Design.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 12/7/2023