Description: The pay range is $126,600.00 - $227,900.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.JOIN TARGET CYBERSECURITY AS A SENIOR ENGINEERING MANAGER - SOAR UI DEVELOPMENT
The Cyber Fusion Center is the heart of Target's security team and a place where innovation happens daily. Interested in a culture that combines invention and creative freedom, ongoing learning, engineering excellence, and stellar outcomes? We are too - that's why we work here. Join our team to take new application security solutions from concept to release, collaborating with developers and security engineers to innovate on helping defend Target's network using cutting-edge technologies.
Our team builds incident response and detection tooling that is deployed across our environment. We work closely with our incident responders to fine tune our triage applications, and with our detection teams to make improvements to our detection tools.
The Sr. Engineering Manager (SEM) is responsible for managing a team of full stack engineers that are building highly innovative Incident Response tools. This role is accountable for leading a team, developing code, deploying, and managing in production. You will be called upon to be the technical representative for your team during cross-team collaborative efforts and planning. Success in this role will require strong and innovative approaches to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, accountability, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you'll take the lead as you...
- Drive product development and operations with lead engineers and drive technical decision making, adhering to Target platform architecture and other enterprise decisions. You'll have a strong focus on team management and development, equal focus will be on writing production code and hands on active development of the capabilities and solutions.
- Assist in defining infrastructure need, internal vs. external cloud and use of Target enterprise solution and drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment, and managing overall software development cycle by adhering to development and security standards.
- Establish good stakeholder communication, work closely with external teams, and help drive requirements while being a strong advocate of extreme agile and DevOps practices across engineers.
- Build and manage a team of high performing full stack engineers and provide leadership, coaching, motivation and recommend staffing levels, operating procedures, tools, and systems for the team.
- Provide career development and performance management to a team of engineers.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 7+ years of engineering (software development) experience
- 1-3 years of managing teams with a strong track record of delivery
- 1-3 years of project management experience
- Cybersecurity experience or significant interest and/or training in the field
- Expertise in TypeScript and React
- Experience with integration, data handling technologies, and other open source frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Team-orientated, passionate about developing others' skills and capabilities
- Successful track record of working in large enterprise technology ecosystems leading complex technology teams
- Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery, with a mindset of building incrementally and delivering business value quickly
Additional skills and experience we are interested in:
- 4-year degree in a related field
- Development experience with the following: Node.js, CSS, Modern JS build tools, SQL, Express.js. Vue.js
- Experience maintaining and running CI/CD
- Experience with Unix/Linux administration, Docker Swarm
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Kafka
- Experience with Source Control: Git
- Experience with Database administration: PostgreSQL
- Test automation development: Mocha, Jest, Cypress
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.