Description: Apply today!
Hourly rate is $18.00/hour. This role is a work from home position and requires residency and maintaining residency in (Minnesota, CST, Wisconsin, CST, Texas, CST, South Dakota, CST or Arizona, MST)
if offered the role.About us:
Working at Target means helping all families discover the joy of everyday life. We bring that vision to life through our values and culture. Learn more about Target here.Target Enterprise Services
(TES) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication-whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers, to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts, TES comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target's distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive, knowledgeable and committed service-from the inside out-through enterprise services our people can count on.
TES has multiple service centers focused on delivering a superior experience with every contact and providing the quick and seamless resolution of issues on behalf of our guests and team members. From RedCard® Guest Services to Target.com Guest Services (TGS) to the Client Support Center (CSC), we pride ourselves on infusing every interaction with that signature Target service that guests and team members alike have come to expect. From our headquarter locations to our stores and distribution centers, we directly support Target's bottom line through building guest loyalty as the retailer of choice and taking care of our team members so that they can get back to the work they do best.
As a Home Based Sr. Specialist in Collections
- Interact with delinquent guests and negotiate payments arrangements for both inbound and outbound collections.
- Provide a Target brand interaction with credit accountholders by treating them with respect and appreciation, displaying courtesy and friendliness, recognizing various accountholder segments and providing appropriate workable solutions.
- You be responsible for clearly understanding and abiding by all credit policies and procedures, account payment terms, billing/collections systems and various state and federal laws, rules and regulations governing credit and collections.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills by probing or making suggestions for the handling of exceptional account situations (e.g bankruptcy, CCC, deceased, legal, fraud, billing disputes, etc.).
- Work in a multi-media environment (emails, phone calls, chat messages, and letters) that's challenging and fast paced, requiring you to prioritize work accordingly.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.Start Date:
1/15/2024Day 1 Schedule:
8:00am - 4:30pm MST / 9:00am - 5:30pm CST*
New hires will need to be fully committed to their 6-week training class schedule, therefore, time-off will not be approved during that time.Training Schedule (Post Day 1):
Permanent Work Schedule -
- Training Duration: 6 Weeks
- Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 8:00pm MST / 12:30am - 9:00pm CST
- Fridays: 7:30am - 4:00pm MST / 8:30am - 5:00pm CST
New hires will need to commit to their permanent work schedule that was offered at the the time of hire ; however, will have an option to bid for a new shift after completion of the probationary 90 day learning period. Upon completion, new hires may shift bid for an alternate shift. The timing for a schedule (shift change) to be granted will vary based on business needs. Available shifts are full time, 40 hours a week.Central Time Zone (CST)
Mountain Time Zone (MST)November to March (AZ Time)
- Monday - Thursday: 12:30pm - 9:00pm CST
- Fridays: 8:30am - 5:00pm CST
- Every 3rd Saturday: 7:00am - 3:30pm CST
March to November (AZ Time)
- Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 8:00pm MST
- Fridays: 7:30am - 4:00pm MST
- Every 3rd Saturday: 6:00am - 2:30pm MST
- Monday - Thursday: 10:30am - 7:00pm MST
- Fridays: 6:30am - 3:00pm MST
- Every 3rd Saturday: 5:00am - 1:30pm MST
*An alternate day off will be provided for Saturdays workedAbout you:
Additional Home Based requirements:
- Reside within the states of:
- Arizona (Mountain Standard Time Zone)
- Minnesota (Central Time Zone)
- South Dakota (Central Time Zone)
- Texas (Central Time Zone)
- Wisconsin (Central Time Zone)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- 1-2 years of previous guest experience or customer service experience
- Ability to interact with guests, team members and internal business partners with a professional, friendly, empathetic style, and deescalate as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including listening, negotiating and decision making skills. Experience dealing with escalated guest complaints
- Ability to use various information sources to answer questions, identify problems and appropriately resolve guest issues
- Strong technical skills, ability to work within multiple systems, and high proficiency with PC/Microsoft applications
- Access to a Home work space that is clear of noise distractions to perform the role
- Hardwired internet in your home location (Hardwired: using an Ethernet cable to directly connect the Target-issued computer to the modem or router)
- Meet the minimum bandwidth requirement of 40mbps download/5mbps upload
- Ability to engage via a Target issued web camera for required meetings, trainings and/or interactions
- Ability to safely lift and carry up to 25 pounds of equipment
- From time to time, and upon request, you may be required to complete an internet speed test and email a picture of your speed test result to your leader.
- You will be required to deactivate wireless capability when using Target equipment during your work hours.
- You will be required to save emergency and work telephone numbers (not including online resources) and other required notices in a conspicuous spot in your home workspace.
- If there are lengthy disruptions to your power or internet service, you will be required to follow specific Target processes which may include taking unpaid time off if applicable.
- You will take reasonable care to prevent unauthorized disclosure of or access to Target property or information by others in the home worksite.
- You must log off or lock your Target issued computer when you are away from your workspace.
- Target-issued equipment can only be used for Target business purposes and printing and/or storing proprietary information is not allowed.
- You must keep your workspace free from any personal cell phones, tablets or other such devices (especially video and audio recording devices).
- You must maintain Target's dress code expectations while working from home.
- You must maintain only one designated work location.
- You must use the surge protector that will be provided with your Target-issued equipment.
- You will not be reimbursed for any home office costs, such as internet, office supplies, or desk furniture.
- You are expected to follow Target's "Ergonomics in the Workplace" document when setting up your workspace and to ensure a safe work environment.
- You should have a working smoke detector in or near the workspace.
- You should have a first aid kit accessible near the workspace.
- You will be expected to set up all issued Target equipment in your home workspace.**
- You will be expected to disassemble and return all Target issued equipment as directed by your leader upon request and/or upon the ending of your role.**
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you can meet all the above listed requirements
**Target will provide a reasonable accommodation to a qualified team member with a disability that prevents them from meeting this requirement, consistent with applicable law. If you believe you require an accommodation, please inform TA so that we can engage in a conversation to discuss possible accommodations. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional informationAmericans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.