ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a rapidly growing company in Elk River, MN. They are looking for talented people who wish to join a values-based company that desires to help their people and customers win. The company designs, manufactures, and assembles cab components and systems for the powersports, golf and turf, industrial and agricultural end markets. Their design and engineering capabilities allow them to provide complex components and assemblies to their original equipment manufacturer customers. They are always on the gas and seeking dynamic, enthusiastic, and motivated individuals to join their extraordinary team.
The Director of Project Management will lead and manage the Project Management group. This position will be responsible for creating and implementing strategies, plans, and structure for the PM team and deliver development projects that result in a high level of customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention. This position will directly manage or facilitate all aspects of our project management interactions from inception through initial production.
- Lead, manage, and hold team accountable to organization policies and procedures. Coach, mentor, develop and grow direct reports.
- Foster an environment that aligns with the company’s Core Beliefs & Values and builds upon a culture that is in service to our people and community.
- Visible and engaged leadership style that empowers and promotes involvement, communication, clear expectations, accountability, and a passion for excellence.
- Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities.
- Collaborate with Sales, NPD, IT, Finance, and other related functions to prioritize and develop key reporting metrics around sales objectives to support better and more informed business decisions.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new processes and procedures for effective and efficient team operations.
- Responsible for administering and improving our project management resource suite (Monday.com, Epicor Project Module, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Partner with Sales, Finance and New Product Development departments to address quote preparation for new products, quote issues or concerns, timeliness of quote review, and assistance with margin expansion projects.
- Respond to escalated project issues that may impede project delivery and coordinate solutions.
- Lead weekly department meetings to track progress of quarterly goals and results based on company Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS).
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with customers and drive customer satisfaction through superior service and execution.
- Identify, define, and lead ad hoc analysis as need to support evolving business requirements to provide timely business insights.
- Continually identify opportunities for improvement and implement best practices.
- Participate in monthly director meetings, quarterly business reviews, resource planning discussions, and additional company meetings as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred (equivalent work experience may be considered)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years leadership experience of Project Management teams
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to actively listen, collaborate and identify key drivers of cost in the business
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment