Description: The pay range is $54,800.00 - $98,600.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.PACKAGING ENGINEER -
Essentials, Beauty & Pets (Hybrid Mpls)About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is the Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect on a variety of categories. Here, you will be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.Job Overview
:A role with Target Packaging is an opportunity to lead the development of packaging for Target's beloved owned brands, exclusive partnerships and select transit packaging. Your influence will drive sales and grow brand love through packaging that's guest-centric, on brand, competitive "at shelf" and category relevant. Here, you'll leverage internal and external partnerships to execute packaging planning, project management, print development, copy and structural development to achieve brand expression and market differentiation. Your work will prioritize and manage packaging projects, securing the correct resources and creative needs to deliver on time and budget. As part of a global team spanning the U.S., China and India, you'll have partners at sourcing offices overseas, as well as international vendors and suppliers. Best of all, your commitment to diversity and inclusion will come to life every day as you work with multicultural teams to create the best, most sustainable packaging for all our guests.
You'll support the structural design and development of new, improved, more sustainable and cost-effective owned brand packaging in Essentials, Beauty & Pets.
As an Associate Packaging Engineer
, you will:
- Ensure the primary packaging will protect, contain, and display the product from the initial idea through final use for assigned categories and businesses.
- Support corporate commitments and requirements via item level specifications.
- Actively participate in prototyping and development of Target packaging structural concepts for our Owned Brand products.
- Work across the enterprise with key internal and external partners to define packaging requirements and identify optimal packaging solutions.
- Become an expert in structural packaging for assigned categories working under the coaching of a Senior or Lead Packaging Engineer.
- Review Vendor Structure options and component capabilities
- Design solutions that deliver cost savings, sustainability, and other relevant priorities to advance the business.
- Develop and refine structural specifications for packaging.
- Approve vendor designs in a timely manner.
- Contribute to category and item level market research, including testing and guest feedback.
- Draw conclusions from relevant data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Four-year degree in Packaging Engineering.
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize requests, and meet deadlines.
- Motivation to learn new skills, with passion for engineering and design.
- Ability to work independently and strategically in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience with Artios or Solid Works CAD and Microsoft tools preferred.
Team Members in the Target General Merch Inc (TGMI) operating company are strictly prohibited from working more than 30 days per year in the following 16 states: AL, AR, DE, FL, IN , IA, LA, MD, MS, MO, NC, OK, PA, SC, TN and VA. If hired, you are prohibited from working remotely from one of the states listed above for more than 30 days per year.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.