INTRODUCTION:Groundskeeper Groundskeeper - 100%, Full-time position QUALIFICATIONS
• High School Diploma
• Grounds/landscaping experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, and customer service skills
• Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database) and the Internet.
• Have the ability to delegate and prioritize work on a daily basis.
• Good work habits, such as attendance, punctuality, accountability, thoroughness and resourcefulness.
• Work independently and as part of a team environment and on collaborative efforts.
• 3 years working on a crew
• Experience in commercial snow removal
• Experience operating various turf maintenance and snow removal equipment RESPONSIBILITIES 60% Care and maintenance of turf and woody and herbaceous plants
• Diagnose and correct turf issues on campus lawn areas and sports fields.
• Maintain irrigation systems on campus including repair, winterizing, spring startup, audits, diagnostics, and replacement.
• Fertilize, seed, aerate, water and spray pesticides on turf, trees and shrubs
• Trim woody and herbaceous plant material and remove, and dispose of dead and infected plant material.
• Plant woody and herbaceous plant material as required.
• Operate various equipment efficiently and safely. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, mowers, front end loaders, dump trucks, utility tractors and attachments. 25% Snow removal of walks, parking lots, drives and parking lots.
?? Plow, broom, blow and hand shovel snow as needed.
• Operate Holders, tractors, end loaders, sanders and spreaders and other equipment assigned.
• Salt and Sand as needed.
• Ability to work 15 hours in a 24 hour period. 15% Perform Miscellaneous tasks as directed
• Follow all safety procedures and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor.
• Utilize environmentally friendly practices.
• Perform minor repair and preventive maintenance on equipment
• Report all equipment problems to your Supervisor and the Mechanic.
• Accurately record all your work time in TMA and HRS. Accurately record all fuel and supply usage on proper forms.
• Maintain ability to operate computers and required software.
• Respond to emergencies, when available, outside of normal work hours
• Assist other units of Physical Plant as directed by your supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned by your supervisor APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applications may be reviewed until the position is filled and at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs Required application materials
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
* Please use your resume addresses each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair:Mike Smith
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Alexandra Bates
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community.
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Minimum starting salary of $ 17.00/hour , commensurate with experience and available budget. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan, demonstrating our commitment to the diverse needs of our employees.
• Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguideus.pdf
• Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate's completing a criminal background check, reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff