Description: The pay range is $111,200.00 - $240,200.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.JOIN US AS A LEAD ENGINEER - BIG DATA PLATFORM/BIG REDABOUT US:
Working at Target means helping all families discover the joy of everyday life. We bring that vision to life through our values and culture. Learn more about Target here.
A role with Target Data Science & Engineering means the chance to help develop and manage state of the art predictive algorithms that use data at scale to automate and optimize decisions at scale. Whether you join our Statistics, Optimization or Machine Learning teams, you'll be challenged to harness Target's impressive data breadth to build the algorithms that power solutions our partners in Marketing, Supply Chain Optimization, Network Security and Personalization rely on.PRIMARY FUNCTION:
The Lead Data Engineer is responsible for the development of high performance, distributed computing tasks using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop (platform level), NoSQL, text mining and other distributed environment technologies based on the needs of the organization. The Lead Data Engineer is also responsible for analyzing, designing, programing, debugging and modifying software enhancements and/or new products used in distributed, large-scale analytics solutions.DESIGNING AND IMMPLEMENTATION:
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Assist in the definition of software architecture to ensure that the online organization's software solutions are built within a consistent framework
- Assist in the decision-making process related to the selection of software architecture solutions
- Implement architectures to handle web-scale data and its organization
- Execute strategies that inform data design and architecture partnering with enterprise standard
- Assist in creating documents that ensure consistency in development across the online organization. Implements and improves core software infrastructure
- Develop interactive dashboards, reports, and analysis templates
- Implement and support a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
- Translate strategic requirements to ensure effective solutions meet business requirements.
- Provide consultation on complex programs
- Review and approve specifications to ensure consistency in approach and use
- Assist partners as a technical and business-savvy resource to software engineering personnel on a range of software design issues
- Perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation
- Research improvements in coding standards
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.ABOUT YOU:
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing software applications
- Extensive understanding of software development and design
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Java, Scala, Python
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Druid, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with teams/partners to improve overall operational maturity of Big Data ecosystem
- Extensive experience with operational aspects of complete Big Data platform such as monitoring and alerts management, availability, capacity management and service management
- Team player that can partner and collaborate with a global team
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as "Flex for Your Day") work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Application deadline is : 03/24/2024