ACCOUNTANT – FULL-TIME
Mid-Minnesota Legal Assistance (MMLA) is seeking a full-time Accountant to join our administrative team. This professional position performs intermediate level accounting work in the maintenance of accounts and preparation of financial reports and statements. The position reports to the organization’s Controller.
MMLA is a nonprofit organization, serving the community for over 100 years. This position is based in our Minneapolis office, supporting programs and personnel in all office locations. This position allows for a hybrid work environment and will start as soon as possible after an offer is extended.
MMLA's mission is to advocate for the legal rights of disadvantaged people to have safe, healthy, and independent lives in their communities. MMLA provides free civil legal representation to clients with low incomes and seniors in 21 counties in central Minnesota and to people with disabilities throughout the state. MMLA receives funding from a variety of public and private sources. As an equal opportunity employer, MMLA is committed to inclusive hiring and is dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. We welcome information about how your experience can contribute to serving our diverse client communities. Applicants are encouraged to share in their cover letter how they can further our goal of equal justice for all. We are committed to a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace.
· Maintains accurate accounting for departmental funds, projects, grants, and accounting transactions including journal entries.
· Prepare timely and accurate grant expenditure reports and related journal entries.
· Maintains budgetary control accounts; prepares budgets and provides budgetary reports.
· Prepares financial projections, program income allocations, and financial reports for grants including sub-recipient reporting.
· Provides periodic and year-end financial reports, variance analysis, and reconciliations.
· Prepares budget to actual reports and analyzes variances; makes recommendations and assists in the preparation of budgets and budget revisions.
· Performs bank reconciliations.
· Analyzes and reconciles payroll and other expenditures.
· Process accounts payable invoices, including mailing checks and uploading data files to banks.
· Support financial system conversion to Blackbaud.
· Assists with tax planning and annual tax filing.
· Reviews accounting procedures and recommends changes as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Four-year degree in Accounting or four years of relevant experience.
· Knowledge of nonprofit accounting including fund and grant accounting.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, required.
· Experience with Abila MIP and or Blackbaud software preferred.
· Diverse economic, social, and cultural experiences preferred.
SALARY: $70,000 to 78,000 per year, depending on experience. Employees are paid for five full days of work but enjoy Friday afternoons off. Benefits include family medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer match, FSA, employee assistance programs, and generous paid time off. Employees qualify for benefits on the first day of employment.
APPLICATIONS: Submit résumé and cover letter expressing interest at https://mylegalaid.org/employment.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in our employee selection process, please contact Ann Cofell at email@example.com. Please direct all other inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.