HOUSING STAFF ATTORNEY – FULL TIME
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (Legal Aid) is seeking two full-time staff attorneys as part of the Minneapolis Housing Unit. As an equal-opportunity employer, Legal Aid is committed to inclusive hiring and is dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. We welcome information about how your experience can contribute to serving our diverse client communities. Applicants are encouraged to share in their cover letter how they can further our goal of equal justice for all. We are committed to a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace.
- Apply the principles of MMLA's Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- Focus on civil litigation in housing law to defend evictions, secure safe and healthy housing, and prevent housing discrimination in court and administrative settings
- Professionally maintain an active litigation caseload, including hearings and trials
- Additional duties may include complex litigation, policy advocacy, and community education
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be licensed to practice in the State of Minnesota or eligible for admission by reciprocity
- Demonstrate an interest in and commitment to the needs of low income and vulnerable clients
- Show a commitment to working as a team member to serve client needs and a desire to appear in court to litigate client rights
- Excellent analytical and written and verbal communication skills
- Diverse economic, social, and cultural experiences preferred
- Proficiency in a second language preferred, especially Arabic, Hmong, Oromo, Somali, or Spanish
- Legal training, knowledge of community resources, and experience with case management software
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office required
SALARY: $70,000 to $76,364 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits. Benefits include family medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer match, FSA, employee assistance programs, and generous paid time off. We operate on a 4.5-day workweek, ending at noon on Fridays.
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume, writing sample, cover letter expressing interest in the position, and three job-related references. Received by February 2nd, 2024, will receive first consideration, but applications received after, will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in our employee selection process, please contact Ann Cofell at email@example.com.
Please direct all other inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Services State Support/Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.