Ecumen Hospice - Duluth
Hospice CNA - Part Time 40hrs bi-weekly - Flexible Schedule - We offer competitive pay, mileage reimbursement and even some great benefits!
Ecumen Hospice is hiring a Nursing Assistant, CNA for its location in Duluth, Minnesota. Ecumen Hospice is a non-profit, Medicare-certified hospice that has been providing life-honoring care in Minnesota for almost 30 years. We serve those who are experiencing a life-limiting condition and the people that are closest to them, through a comprehensive offering of services which include but are not limited to: physician oversight, nursing, social work, spiritual care, hospice aide assistance, music therapy, massage therapy, volunteer services, pet therapy, and bereavement care.
The Hospice CNA is responsible for providing personal care and other designated health-related services designed to maintain the client's physical and emotional well-being, in compliance with the Home Care/Hospice policies, procedures and standards for the Hospice CNA.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Home Health Assistant Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Provides personal care to clients per client's individualized care plan. Promotes independence with Clients, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Observes, documents and reports changes in physical, cognitive, and emotional condition of clients.
- Communicates with client and/or family members while in client's home as appropriate. Participates in care conferences with other health team members as needed
- Prepares meals as directed and requested, following special meal plans if instructed. May provide light housekeeping and laundry services as directed by the care plan.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire and other emergency situations.
- 17 years of age or older
- Licensure/Certification Required: Certified Nursing Assistant and satisfactory test out of the HHA component
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, MSDS
- High school diploma, GED, or higher
- Previous experience working with seniors