Ecumen Hospice - Twin Cities
Social Worker, MSW - Full Time 1.0 FTE M-F 8am-4:30pm - We offer excellent benefits, PTO/Sick time accrual, paid Holidays, great pay and an amazing team environment!
The Social Worker, MSW is responsible for providing direct social work services to hospice patients and their family members and caregivers in need of identified social worker services, and providing them with psychosocial and environmental support.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
1. Perform initial and ongoing assessment of the psychosocial status of terminally ill patients and families/caregivers related to the patient's condition and environment. Provide community resources, short-term anticipatory grief counseling, emotional support and end-of-life education to patients and family/caregivers.
2. Perform initial and ongoing assessment of the family/caregiver's bereavement risk and provide appropriate resources/interventions.
3. Perform ongoing monitoring and assessment, including but not limited to: family dynamics, caregiver ability to provide safe and effective care, communication patterns, backup planning for alternative living situations, assess for safety including issues of neglect or abuse. Develop interventions based on findings as warranted.
4. Participate in the development of the individualized plan of care, involving the patient and family in the plan of care. Attend regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings, assisting the team in recognizing the effects of the psychosocial stressors. Maintain clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
5. Assist patients and families/caregivers in planning for funeral arrangements; provide resources for financial, legal, and health care decision responsibilities.
6. Facilitate care conferences with hospice team and family to ensure open lines of communication and understanding of hospice philosophy and services as well as an understanding of the dying process. Provide bereavement follow up per agency protocol.
7. Assist with coordination of Mosaic Moments, nursing home/residential hospice placement, respite stays and travel contracts as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Master's Degree in social work from an accredited school.
Three or more years of social work experience in a health care setting.
Licensed Social Worker in good standing in Minnesota.
Previous supervisory or lead experience.
Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Residents Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
Previous experience working in hospice or related end-of-life fields.