CopperWood at Prairie Trail
Dining Manager - Full Time M-F 8am-4:30pm Rotating LOD and Holiday rotation. We offer excellent benefits, paid Holidays, PTO/Sick Time and an incredibly supportive team environment! Be a part of this brand new community.
CopperWood at Prairie Trail is hiring an Dining Manager. CopperWood consists of 94 assisted living units, as well as 32 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. CopperWood is an Ecumen managed community.
The Dining Manager is responsible for managing the preparation and service of meals, ordering the food, planning menus and supervising staff. The Dining Manager is responsible for all aspects of food service and managing the staff.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Dining Manager Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Ensures quality meals are prepared, cooked, and served to residents, families, guests and team members.
- Oversees department staffing including hiring, training and mentoring of dining team members as well as maintaining adequate staffing.
- Creates menus that enhance the dining experience for the people we serve using knowledge of nutrition and special diets and input from residents.
- Guarantees food and supply inventory levels are monitored and oversees the food and supply ordering.
- Manages the annual budget for the dining department and operates the department within this budget.
- Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available.
- Ensures the staff maintain a clean sanitary work area. Complies with state and federal rules and regulations, follows established policies, procedures and practices of the facility.
- High School graduate or GED
- Certified Food Protection Manager or eligible within 90-days of hire
- ½ - 2-years food service management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Management or similar
- Previous experience in providing food service management to seniors
- Previous experience in inventory control, food cost analysis, menu planning, event planning