Ecumen Shoreview Home Office
The Corporate Maintenance Technician is the primary technician responsible for the maintenance and repair operations at our corporate office building. The Corporate Maintenance Technician will provide maintenance support and will serve as a backup technician at other Ecumen communities as needed. This support includes work order completion, project assistance, and gap coverage while providing high quality service as it relates to resident and customer satisfaction.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Corporate Maintenance Technician Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Performs regularly scheduled preventive maintenance and general repairs throughout the entire property in order to maintain the overall condition of the property. This work will also be performed at various communities including in residential spaces through our portfolio.
- Walks and inspects assigned properties including vacant units. Conducts property inspections, including move in, housekeeping, and grounds in order to assure adherence to established standards.
- Oversees and monitors the proper inspection, maintenance, testing, repair and operation of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, security, structural, architectural, grounds, waste, information technology, communications, low volt, pest control and transportation.
- Maintains the work order management system.
- Responsible for the community safety and emergency management programs ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and maintains a relationship with emergency management and public safety partners including fire officials, law enforcement officials, public health officials and healthcare coalition partners.
- Performs on-site project management when working with contractors to ensure a seamless project delivery schedule.
- Maintains a safe working environment for self and others by following all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility as well as other regulatory guidelines from federal, state and local agencies including DOL, OSHA, CMS, EPA, DOT, MPCA, MDH, and MNDOLI.
- Operates equipment in a safe manner by understanding all of the safety requirements for each piece of equipment, following all safety instructions and use guidelines from the manufacturer, following all recommendations for safe use of equipment from regulatory bodies, industry recommended standards and as outlined by company policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School/GED
- Relevant Experience: 2 Years Relevant Maintenance Experience
- Licensure/Certification: Special Engineer Boilers License
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Must be available to respond after hours to coordinate response and recovery from emergency situations and to ensure the continuity of business operations.
- Must be able to travel to various different working locations on short notice and occasionally stay overnight
- Relevant Experience: 5+ Years Relevant Maintenance Experience
- Licensure/Certification: Certified HVAC Technician, EPA 608 Certification, Minnesota Electrical or Plumbing License