Ecumen Nursing Float Pool
Float Clinical Director, RN - Full Time 1.0FTE M-F 8am-4:30pm - Occasional On-Call Requirements - We offer excellent benefits, competitive pay, PTO/Paid Holidays and an incredibly supportive and fun team environment!
Ecumen is hiring a Float Clinical Director, RN. The Ecumen Float Pool serves Ecumen Assisted Living Communities. We're hiring Float Pool Registered Nurses to support our team members, residents, and family members. Travel is required for this position. You will have the opportunity to work with our teams throughout Minnesota.
The Float Clinical Director is responsible for providing nursing leadership at Ecumen communities for short or long term assignments as needed. This position ensures all health and safety needs of our residents are met and ensures that Ecumen facilities are following organizational policies, standards of practice and achieving regulatory compliance.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Float Clinical Director, RN Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Serves as the clinical leader in Ecumen communities for short or long term assignments. Supervises community RNs, LPNs and Resident Assistants at assigned communities.
- Assesses the needs of the community, develops a priority list of nursing department goals, and assists in execution of goals and priorities. Collaborates with Regional Nurse Consultant and community Clinical Director to ensure a smooth transition at both the start and end of the assignment.
- Completes initial and ongoing assessments of potential and current residents during assignment. Collaborate with community LALD to implement and update Assisted Living contracts and service agreements as needed and/or required.
- Reviews and maintains resident health records to ensure documentation is accurate, assessments are completed timely and that all physician orders are signed and implemented within specified timeframe. Supervises medication practices and follows up with physicians regarding medications and/or medical conditions. Appropriately delegates, supervises, and monitors the provision of services.
- Assists with onboarding new team members and initial and ongoing training for all team members. Completes competency reviews and verifies CEU requirements.
- Upholds and implements Ecumen policies, procedures, best practices and standards, ensuring compliance with regulations. Is present for on-site federal and state licensure surveys as needed.
- Works with leadership teams to ensure emergency procedures are in place. Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and other emergency situations.
- Partners with Workforce Planning to support the scheduling and staffing practices at the assigned community.
- Demonstrates alignment and support of Ecumen systems and processes to promote compliance with organizational strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensure/Certification: Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing program
- 3-5 years related experience
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure.
- Previous experience leading and developing team members
- Previous computer experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Workspace
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Willingness and ability to travel to various Ecumen sites for long term assignments
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Licensure/Certification: Active, unrestricted Licensed Assisted Living Director (LALD)
- Bachelor's degree
- Senior care experience
- Proven leadership abilities