St. Marks Living
The Nurse Manager is responsible for supervising, coordinating and coaching staff that deliver nursing care to the residents in accordance with current regulations.
St. Mark's Living consists of 73 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, 57 nursing home beds, 26 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services as well as transitional care services. St. Mark's Living is in Austin, Minnesota and is an Ecumen managed community.
Ecumen, a Minnesota based non-profit, is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- 8:00am-4:30pm (may vary) - Weekdays.
- 64 hours/pay period.
- No weekends, No holidays
- Nurse Manager will work in Assisted Living & Memory Care
Nurse Manager Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Ensures that campus policies and procedures, State and Federal requirements, rules and regulations as they relate to nursing care are adhered to.
- Responsible for coordination and direction of all resident care; coordinates care and services with other departments/providers from the time of admission to discharge.
- Completes appropriate assessments, documentation, delegating data collection within scope of practice and acting timely on findings.
- Administers medications, completes treatments as ordered and accurately observes and monitors resident's condition on an ongoing basis.
- Directly supervises employees in the nursing department. Responsibilities include: training and educating employees, planning, assigning and directing work, performance appraisals, delivering praise and corrective action to employees, addressing complaints and problem resolution.
- Maintains safety of residents and employees. Responds appropriately to safety hazards and reports any issues to the appropriate person.
- Ensures that all staff follows the infection control policy and procedure.
- Charts, documents and communicates care related information in the manner dictated by nursing practice and facility policy.
- Coordinates new employee site orientation with the assistance of support staff.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing program
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree
- Senior care experience
- Proven leadership abilities