St. Marks LivingThe Life Enrichment Specialist is responsible for planning and delivery of recreational and life enriching programs designed to meet and honor the physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual, educational and social needs of all residents, based on an individualized assessment.
St. Mark's Living consists of 73 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, 57 nursing home beds, 26 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services as well as transitional care services. St. Mark's Living is in Austin, Minnesota and is an Ecumen managed community.
Ecumen, a Minnesota based non-profit, is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Full-Time (temporary)
- For Approximately 12 weeks beginning in January
- Opportunity to remain in a casual / on-call status after the 12 weeks.
- Day Shift - 8:00am-4:30pm
- Pay Range - $17.65/hour - $22.95/hour depending on experience.
- Opportunity to remain in an on-call status after covering leave of absence.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Develops and maintains a master calendar of events, outings and other life enrichment opportunities for residents.
- Plans and conducts individual and group activities, events, and outings to meet the assessed needs of residents. Documents resident participation.
- Performs assessments (initial, quarterly, annual) of residents' life enrichment needs and completes required sections of MDS, assists in the development of care plan to meet those needs, and participates in resident care conferences.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures pertaining to Life Enrichment and communicates these to life enrichment staff and other departments.
- Supervises Life Enrichment staff.
- Provides transportation for residents to outings using community vehicle.
- Empowers residents to develop interpersonal relationships, socialize effectively and develop confidence to participate in individual and group programming activity.
- Responsible for department budget and ensuring availability of supplies.
- Maintains an interdisciplinary focus, being mindful of the needs and operations of other departments. Communicates with other departments in advance of events that will require their assistance and participation.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years related experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the field of geriatrics and the interpersonal, spiritual and psycho-social needs of older adults.
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written format
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, Resident's Bill of Rights, OSHA, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, Right to know, HUD Policy and Procedures, ADA , Fair Housing laws and regulations and SDS
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous experience working with seniors
- ADC, ACC or CTRS preferred but not required