Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley
The Dishwasher is responsible for cleaning dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, utensils and other kitchen/dining equipment or tools.
Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley consists of 106 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 28 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services.
Ecumen, a Minnesota based non-profit, is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
On-Call / Casual Status -
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Shift: 7:00am-3:00pm and 2:30pm-8:00pm
- Position would pick up as needed.
- Flexible schedule.
- Position must work a minimum of four shifts/month (two of which must be on a weekend) and work two holidays/year (double pay).
Dishwasher Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots/pans using dishwasher or by hand. Properly operates the 3-compartment sink.
- Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean sanitized and orderly condition. Uses proper chemicals for all cleaning tasks. Uses proper PPE for chemical use.
- Performs opening and closing side work including sweeping and scrubbing floors, cleaning dish storage area and surrounding areas.
- Reports any sanitation or janitorial issues immediately to appropriate party.
- Provides assistance to prep cook and other kitchen staff as needed, especially during peak times.
- Empties and cleans trash receptacles, placing it in designated pickup areas. This will include all recycling.
- Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the leadership team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- High school diploma or GED
- Dishwashing/Commercial kitchen experience
- Previous experience working with seniors