Abiitan Mill City
This position is responsible for delivering Life Enrichment programming designed to meet and honor the physical, social, spiritual, sensory and psychological needs of all residents based on an assessment of their individual needs and interests. Advocates and promotes resident participation and choice.
Abiitan is an Ecumen community located in the heart of the Mill City District of Downtown Minneapolis. Abiitan provides three levels of care, which fulfills our goal of being an "Age in Place" community. We offer Independent Living, Assisted Living & Memory Care. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives. We are looking for team members who can embrace creativity and deliver excellent customer service to make Abiitan the best place to work in Downtown Minneapolis.
Ecumen, a Minnesota based non-profit, is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- 9:00am-5:30pm (start/end time can be open for discussion)
- Monday - Friday
- Will work occasional weekends (for leader on duty rotation)
- Paid holidays off (9 + 2 floating)
- Great benefits including 401k retirement plan with a 6% company match.
- May need to come in after hours for special events.
- Free underground parking
Programming (Activities) Manager Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Develops and maintains a master calendar of events, outings and other recreational opportunities for residents.
- Plans and conducts individual and group activities, events, and outings to meet the assessed needs of residents. Documents resident participation.
- Performs assessments (initial, quarterly, annual) of residents' recreational needs and completes required sections of MDS, assists in the development of care plan to meet those needs, and participates in resident care conferences.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures pertaining to Life Enrichment and communicates these to life enrichment staff and other departments.
- Supervises Life Enrichment staff.
- Provides transportation using facility vehicle.
- Empowers residents to develop interpersonal relationships, socialize effectively and develop confidence to participate in individual and group activity programming.
- Responsible for department budget and ensuring availability of supplies.
- Maintains an interdisciplinary focus, being mindful of the needs and operations of other departments. Communicates with other departments in advance of events that will require their assistance and participation.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the field of geriatrics and the interpersonal, spiritual and psycho-social needs of older adults.
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Activity Director Certification through a recognized accrediting body
- Previous experience working with older adults
- ADC, ACC or CTRS preferred but not required
- Ensure a focus on the Arts
- Art, Music, Theater - seek out organizations with which to establish and maintain partnerships - ie Guthrie Theater, The University of Minnesota, MacPhail School of Music, Minneapolis Institute of Art, The Walker, Russian Museum, Minnesota Opera, an emphasis on lifelong learning, new programs, exhibits, current events, history, etc.