Ecumen Detroit Lakes
Part Time Resident Assistant - Day, Evening or Overnight Shift (New Shift Differential for PM and Overnight Shifts)
Ecumen Detroit Lakes is hiring a Resident Assistant. Ecumen Detroit Lakes consists of 101 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 92 nursing home beds and 22 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services.
The Resident Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and delegated health-related services designed to maintain the resident's physical and emotional well-being. The Resident Assistant follows the service schedule for each resident and correctly documents services provided.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Resident Assistant Minimum required Qualifications:
- Assist with treatments and activities of daily living as delegated by the Clinical Director per individualized care plan. Including but not limited to:
- Dressing, grooming, bathing, eating, toileting, ambulation, transferring;
- Assists with AM and HS cares including oral care as needed;
- Incontinence care;
- Assistive devices, glasses and hearing aids;
- Medication administration as delegated by the RN
- Assists with medication, treatments and activities of daily living as delegated by the Clinical Director/Manager per individualized care plan.
- Observes, documents and reports changes in physical, cognitive and emotional condition of any of the residents.
- Promotes independence with Residents, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the Clinical Director or Registered Nurse.
- Orients and coaches assigned employees.
- Completes scheduled cleaning tasks.
- Leads and assists resident activities as assigned.
- Responds appropriately to all safety hazards, call lights, requests and reassignment of duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 17 years of age or older
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations