Ecumen Detroit Lakes
Full Time Registered Dietitian, Monday - Friday with occasional Weekend Coverage (Leader on Duty)
Ecumen Detroit Lakes is hiring a Dietitian. Ecumen Detroit Lakes consists of 101 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 92 nursing home beds and 22 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services.
The Dietitian is responsible for resident nutrition care including menu development, modified diet textures and therapeutic needs of the resident's nutrition status. This position provides nutrition direction based on the individual care plan of each resident and complies with licensing guidelines, state and federal regulations, and follows established facility policies and procedures. May assist with the total food service operation for the facility by assisting with preparation, serving and clean-up as directed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Dietitian Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Completes nutrition assessments, evaluates client health and diet needs, and documents in the medical record per charting standards. Participates with the care team for cohesive care of the resident.
- Provides explanations for food and nutrition questions, calculates patient nutritional requirements and analyzes nutritional content of food. Educates residents on nutrition and healthy eating options.
- Establishes proper meal plans for the client in accordance with their care plan, personal preference, health, and financial capabilities. Ensures quality meals are prepared, cooked, and served to residents, families, guests, and employees.
- Assists in creating menus that enhance the dining experience for the people we serve to include menu extensions and the electronic menu system.
- Integrates proper safety and sanitation techniques and audits the kitchen to ensure compliance with state and federal rules and guidelines.
- Assists in meal preparation, serving, and clean-up as needed. Directs dining staff on portion sizes based on the resident nutritional needs. Supports all dining staff in a skilled setting.
- Accommodates resident requests, as able, and responds to resident complaints promptly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor degree from an accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics ( ACEND)
- Relevant Experience: 900 hours of supervised professional experience in nutrition and dietetics
- Maintains Registration and License in Minnesota by meeting the CEU requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Able to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, Resident's Bill of Rights, OSHA, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, Right to know, HUD Policy and Procedures, ADA , Fair Housing laws and regulations and SDS
- Education: Master's degree
- Experience: In Senior care as a Registered Dietitian or Licensed Nutritionist