Ecumen Detroit Lakes
Full time PM or Overnight shift TMA - Overnight hours include a $2.00/hour differential and $1.00/hour for PMs
Ecumen Detroit Lakes is hiring a Trained Medication Assistant. Ecumen Detroit Lakes consists of 101 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 92 nursing home beds and 22 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services.
The Trained Medication Assistant (TMA) is responsible for providing direct care and medication administration to residents consistent with the individual plan of care and under the direction of licensed staff. The TMA is a Certified Nursing Assistant with additional training in the area of medication administration.
Essential job responsibilities include:
Trained Medication Assistant Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Administers medications to patients/residents under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Documents all medications provided, including correct medication, correct dosage and correct time given to correct residents.
- Immediately notifies nurse of any medication errors or refusals by resident to take medication.
- Maintains and controls all medications, keeping medications secure and safe at all times. Follows all state and federal guidelines as it relates to administering, dispensing, storage and disposal of all medications
- Responds to resident call lights and requests, and notifies nurse of any resident care needs or changes in condition.
- Observes and reports any unsafe conditions and/or equipment malfunction to management.
- Performs all Certified Nursing Assistant functions as required (i.e. feeding, lift and transfer, ADL's, etc.).
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (currently on NAR Registry in good standing) and successful completion of Trained Medication Assistant course.
- Minimum 1000 working hours as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Basic mathematical skills for counting, distributing, and documenting medications provided.