Full Time Nurse Manager l Assisted Living/Memory Care l 80 Hours/pay period, We are flexible l Every 3rd Weekend On Call
The Nurse Manager will work within a team to ensure the delivery of high-quality care to our residents. These duties will include implementing nursing policies and procedures, coordinating and supervising the day-to-day activities of the care team, and maintaining compliance with all regulations and standards. Additionally, this role will play a crucial role in assessing resident needs, collaborating with healthcare professionals, and promoting a positive and supportive environment for both residents, their families, and the care team. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for leadership and the ability to foster a culture of excellence in nursing practice within the Ecumen Lakeshore community.
Ecumen Lakeshore - The Shores is located at 40th avenue east and London Road in Duluth, MN. The campus is situated along the picturesque shores of Lake Superior, providing a serene and beautiful backdrop for our 40 assisted living and 20 memory care apartments. With a non-profit history spanning 93 years, Ecumen Lakeshore is a renowned provider of senior housing and services in the region. Join our team and be a part of our commitment to delivering quality care and fostering an environment where residents can thrive.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for supervising, coordinating and coaching staff that deliver nursing care to the residents in accordance with current regulations.
Essential job responsibilities include:
Nurse Manager Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Ensures that campus policies and procedures, State and Federal requirements, rules and regulations as they relate to nursing care are adhered to.
- Responsible for coordination and direction of all resident care; coordinates care and services with other departments/providers from the time of admission to discharge.
- Completes appropriate assessments, documentation, delegating data collection within scope of practice and acting timely on findings.
- Administers medications, completes treatments as ordered and accurately observes and monitors resident's condition on an ongoing basis.
- Directly supervises employees in the nursing department. Responsibilities include: training and educating employees, planning, assigning and directing work, performance appraisals, delivering praise and corrective action to employees, addressing complaints and problem resolution.
- Maintains safety of residents and employees. Responds appropriately to safety hazards and reports any issues to the appropriate person.
- Ensures that all staff follows the infection control policy and procedure.
- Charts, documents and communicates care related information in the manner dictated by nursing practice and facility policy.
- Coordinates new employee site orientation with the assistance of support staff.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing program
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations