Temporary Full Time Physical Therapist: Start Date would be March 4th and length of employment would be 12 weeks
Ecumen Lakeshore is hiring a Physical Therapist. The Ecumen Lakeshore community includes 100 independent living and 40 assisted living apartment homes, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services as well as short-term rehab and post-hospital care private rooms to care for up to 60 patients along the picturesque shore of Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota.
This position is responsible for providing physical therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions within professional practices and ethical standards.
Essential job responsibilities include:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Provide comprehensive assessments and treatment planning to effectively meet patient's goals and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians, and by prescription.
- Helps patients accomplish treatment plan and secures necessary supplies and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence. Administers therapy statements according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician. Directs treatments given by aides and assistants.
- Evaluates effects of therapy treatments by observing, documenting and evaluating patient's progress; recommends and implements adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Ensures continuations of therapeutic plan by designing and instructing patients, families and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient record; provides accurate and detailed record of services rendered for billing purposes.
- Supervises and develops the physical therapy staff. Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Practices within state licensure requirements and scope of practice.
- Follows guidelines/requirements set by CMS, federal and state regulations and meeting requirements set by other payors (insurance companies).
- Manages and maintains individual license/certification renewals and when applicable other professional certifications.
- Bachelor's degree (at minimum) in Physical Therapy.
- Previous experience working as a Physical Therapist.
- Licensure/Certification: Current license, state certification, or registered as a Physical Therapist in good standing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations including able to work irregular hours, attend meetings and special events.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree
- 2+ years previous experience in home health, hospice or senior care