Resident Assistant/Caregiver or CNA - Part Time Days, Evenings or Overnights - $1,500 Sign on Bonus for Full Time hours
Ecumen Lakeshore is hiring a Resident Assistant. Ecumen Lakeshore - The Shores is located at 40th
avenue east and London Road in Duluth, MN. The campus is situated along the picturesque shores of Lake Superior, providing a serene and beautiful backdrop for our 40 assisted living and 20 memory care apartments. With a non-profit history spanning 93 years, Ecumen Lakeshore is a renowned provider of senior housing and services in the region. Join our team and be a part of our commitment to delivering quality care and fostering an environment where residents can thrive.
The Resident Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and delegated health-related services designed to maintain the resident's physical and emotional well-being. The Resident Assistant follows the service schedule for each resident and correctly documents services provided.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Resident Assistant Minimum required Qualifications:
- Assist with treatments and activities of daily living as delegated by the Clinical Director per individualized care plan. Including but not limited to:
- Dressing, grooming, bathing, eating, toileting, ambulation, transferring;
- Assists with AM and HS cares including oral care as needed;
- Incontinence care;
- Assistive devices, glasses and hearing aids;
- Medication administration as delegated by the RN
- Assists with medication, treatments and activities of daily living as delegated by the Clinical Director/Manager per individualized care plan.
- Observes, documents and reports changes in physical, cognitive and emotional condition of any of the residents.
- Promotes independence with Residents, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the Clinical Director or Registered Nurse.
- Orients and coaches assigned employees.
- Completes scheduled cleaning tasks.
- Leads and assists resident activities as assigned.
- Responds appropriately to all safety hazards, call lights, requests and reassignment of duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 17 years of age or older
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations