Ecumen Detroit Lakes
Get your CNA for free and get paid while in training! Class will be starting February 12th, 19th, or 20th, 2024
The Nursing Assistant, CNA-Student is responsible for providing supervised personal care and designated health-related services while enrolled in CNA training to become certified. This position, under the direction of professional nurses, follows the individualized client care plan, as well as all HIPAA guidelines. As a Nursing Assistant, CNA - Student, you will be guided by LPN/RNs and experience non-hospital nursing and the rewards of community-based care.
Essential job responsibilities include:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Assist with treatments and activities of daily living as delegated by the Clinical Director per individualized care plan. Including but not limited to:
- Dressing, grooming, bathing, eating, toileting, ambulation, transferring;
- Assists with AM and HS cares including oral care as needed;
- Incontinence care;
- Assistive devices, glasses and hearing aids;
- Provides physical care to residents according to established procedures and performance standards including Activities of Daily Living (ADL's). Monitoring vital signs and providing Range of Motion exercises in a manner that encourages independence and dignity. Assists with adaptive equipment.
- Responds appropriately to all safety hazards, call lights, requests and reassignment of duties.
- Reports changes in resident's physical condition, behavior and level of independent functioning to the nurse.
- Assists with admissions and discharges.
- Reports pertinent information and concerns regarding residents, families, staff, visitors and building operation to appropriate personnel.
- Accurately completes required documentation.
- Successful completion of Certified Nursing Assistant program within four months of entering the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.