Ecumen St. Benedict's Community - Monticello
Part Time Life Enrichment Assistant l 32 hours/2 weeks Rotating Day Shift (Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm and 2 Saturdays per Month)
Ecumen is hiring a Life Enrichment Assistant for our newly acquired St. Benedict's Community in Monticello which consists of assisted living, memory care, and independent living.
The Life Enrichment Assistant is responsible for delivering Life Enrichment programming designed to meet and honor the physical, social, spiritual, sensory and psychological needs of all residents based on an assessment of their individual needs and interests. Advocates and promotes resident participation and choice.
Essential job responsibilities include:
Enrichment Assistant Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Assists with individual and group activities, transport residents, notifies, encourages and assures resident participation in appropriate recreational activities according to their individual needs and plan of care, and documents resident participation as appropriate.
- Empowers residents to develop interpersonal relationships, socialize effectively and develop confidence to participate in individual and group activity programming.
- Ensures residents arrive at scheduled activities, outings and appointments in a timely manner. Transporting residents as needed.
- Maintains supplies in an orderly manner, notifies supervisor of supply needs in a timely manner.
- Monitors daily and monthly calendars of events, outings and other recreational opportunities for residents.
- Assists and supports all workers and positions in the building; identifies what needs to be done and assists as.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Previous experience caring for seniors
- Activity Assistant Certified, ADC, CTRC