Ecumen Sartell Therapy Suites
Part Time Cook l Either Day or Afternoon Shift l Every other Weekend Rotation and Holiday rotation for all shifts
Ecumen is hiring a Cook for our newly acquired Chateau Waters Community in Sartell which consists of assisted living, independent living and rehabilitation care therapy suites.
The Cook is responsible for proper food prep, cooking and service of food while recognizing special diets, resident's dietary needs and requests. Maintains work area in proper order and follows established policies and procedures of the facility while demonstrating high levels of service. Complies with all federal and state regulations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Cook Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Provides exemplary service to our residents, families and guests, ensuring all feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service.
- Preps, prepares, cooks and serves meals to residents, families, guests and employees. Properly operates and maintains all equipment in the food preparation area. Reports production shortages/overages to the supervisor immediately.
- Accurately follows directions and recipes. Ability to convert recipes for various size groups. Follows production guidelines for best product usage, portion control and use of leftovers.
- Maintains adequate inventory of food and supplies notifying supervisor if they are missing something.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, safe and efficiently organized work area. Products will be labeled, dated and rotated ensuring an adequate, fresh inventory of food and supplies. Assists with stock and putting away groceries as directed.
- Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available.
- Ensures residents with special diets receive appropriate food. Accommodates resident requests promptly.
- Demonstrates proper safety and sanitation techniques as part of the work.
- Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the leadership team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- High school diploma or GED
- Commercial kitchen experience
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Previous senior care experience
- Serv Safe certification or equivalent