Ecumen Sartell Therapy Suites
Full Time Social Worker LSW
Ecumen is hiring a Social Worker for our newly acquired Chateau Waters Community in Sartell which consists of assisted living, independent living and rehabilitation care therapy suites.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Social Worker position is responsible for providing direct social work services to residents, patients, extending services to family members and caregivers in need of identified social worker services, and providing them with psychosocial and environmental support.
Essential job responsibilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Assesses the resident's psychosocial needs, in the initial admission process, as related to nursing home adjustment, family involvement, behavior issues, and any other pertinent emotional needs. Incorporates assessment information into the resident's care plan.
- Carries out evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, and communication patterns, neglect or abuse and plan interventions based as findings warrant.
- Participates in the development of the individualized plan of care, involves the patient and family, and attends regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings, assists the team in recognizing the effects of the psychosocial stresses. Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Documents psychosocial issues in the multidisciplinary notes in residents chart.
- Counsels patient and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties.
- Referral to appropriate individual and agencies as necessary to deal with emotional behavioral issues (i.e. Chaplain, Recreation Therapy, Psychologist, Ombudsman).
- Have a basic knowledge of the components of the Patient Self - Determination Act and be available to facilitate the completing of these forms as the situation warrants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in social work.
- Relevant Experience: Two years of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Licensure/Certification: Licensed Social Worker in good standing in Minnesota or in state working.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Able to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Education: Master's Degree in social work.
- Relevant Experience: Demonstrated continuing education on current trends
- Experience working with Seniors
- CPR certification