This position is responsible for faciliting development and rehabilitation of patients with mental, emotional and physical disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed occupational therapy.About Us:
Ecumen Pathstone is hiring an Occupational Therapist. Ecumen Pathstone is a campus community offering comprehensive care services. Ecumen Pathstone consists of assisted living, long-term care, rehabilitation care, memory care, adult day services, and independent living. Ecumen also offers homecare, hospice, as well as a supply store- all within the Mankato, MN area.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Opportunity Details:
Schedule: PRN / On Call / As Needed
Pay: up to $51.50 depending on experience.Essential Job Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Meets the patient's goals and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps patient develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to disabilities by implementing programs involving manual arts and crafts, practice in functional, prevocational, vocational, and homemaking skills, activities of daily living, and sensorimotor, educational, recreational, and social activities.
- Promotes maximum independence by selecting and constructing therapies according to individual's physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest.
- Evaluates results of occupational therapy by observing, documenting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommends and implements adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Ensures continuation of therapeutic plan by designing and instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient record; provides accurate and detailed record of services rendered for billing purposes.
- Supervises and develops the occupational therapy staff to maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Practices within state licensure requirements and scope of practice.
- Follows guidelines/requirements set by CMS, federal and state regulations and meeting requirements set by other payors (insurance companies).
- Manages and maintains individual license/certification renewals and when applicable other professional certifications.
- Bachelor's degree (at minimum) in Occupational Therapy or related field.
- Previous experience in the rehabilitation/therapy field.
- Licensure/Certification: Current license, state certification, or registered as a Occupational Therapist in good standing
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) degree
- 2+ years previous experience in home health, hospice or senior care
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations including able to work irregular hours, attend meetings and special events.
- Previous supervisory experience.