Ecumen North BranchThis position assists the physical therapists in the implementation of patient rehabilitation programs to help improve patient mobility, function and strength.
Ecumen North Branch consists of 51 assisted living rental apartment homes, 68 nursing home beds, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care as well as transitional care services.
Ecumen, a Minnesota based non-profit, is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
Casual / On-Call -
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Flexible Scheduling
- Position can work weekdays and/or weekends.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses under the direction of the Physical Therapist.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Documents patient care services by recording progress during therapy sessions, measures and tracks range of motion.
- Identifies patient care issues by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations and reviewing therapy history.
- Cleans and prepares equipment for therapy session, straightens and cleans rooms.
- Maintains supplies.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Practices within state licensure requirements and scope of practice.
- Follows guidelines/requirements set by CMS, federal and state regulations and meeting requirements set by other payors (insurance companies).
- Manages and maintains individual license/certification renewals and when applicable other professional certifications.
- Education: Certified Physical Therapy Assistant from accredited program
- Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Previous experience working with seniors