Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood
The Clinical Director manages the clinical department and ensures that resident needs are met, and care delivery expectations are achieved. This position is responsible for the management and supervision of all licensed nurses and unlicensed direct care team members. The Clinical Director ensures departmental compliance, high quality resident care, facility compliance with state and federal regulations, and professional standards of practice.
Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood consists of 120 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 30 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services.
Ecumen, a Minnesota based non-profit, is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Full-Time -
- Position works Monday-Friday
- May work occasional weekends for leader on duty.
- Paid holidays off (9 + 2 floating)
- 4+ weeks of PTO/SST annually
- Great benefits including a 401k retirement plan with a 6% company match.
- Competitive Pay
- Free, underground parking
Clinical Director Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Leads and manages the clinical team, creating a culture that promotes team member engagement, development, and belonging.
- Oversees and assists with new hire onboarding, ongoing training, competency evaluations, performance management, and CEU verification for the clinical team.
- Delegates tasks and monitors compliance with quality and regulatory requirements. Implements Ecumen policies and standard operating procedures, ensures departmental compliance, and prepares the team for survey.
- Ensures resident plans of care are person-centered and up to date. Engages with residents and families to identify methods to enhance quality and satisfaction. Monitors resident records to ensure quality outcomes, consistency, and continuity of service delivery.
- Identifies, investigates, and promptly reports resident, team member, or facility concerns to the appropriate internal partners and external regulatory bodies.
- Collaborates with the clinical team and Senior Living Consultant(s) to facilitate resident admissions. Promotes utilization of supportive services including DME, hospice, and home care to support resident needs.
- Works with internal and external partners to ensure emergency procedures are in place and the clinical department is prepared to respond. Reacts appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills, emerging infectious diseases, and other emergency situations.
- Manages clinical department expenses and assists in preparing the annual budget to ensure adequate staffing levels and clinical resources.
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- 3 years experience as Registered Nurse
- 1 year of nursing leadership experience
- Maintain active, unencumbered RN license
- Active, unencumbered MN Licensed Assisted Living Director, or ability to obtain in 12 months
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of state and federal regulatory requirements
- Proficient use of electronic health records systems, software programs, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- 5 years senior care experience
- 3 years nursing leadership experience