The Theodore at Wirth on the Woods
The Theodore at Wirth on the Woods is hiring a Service Coordinator. The Theodore is a 100-unit low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) community opening in the Fall of 2023 and located in the City of Minneapolis and in the Bryn Mahr Neighborhood. It is part of a larger housing complex and is joined by the Eloise to enhance synergy, efficiency and resident experience. Residents will be 55+ and be subject to various levels of income qualification to qualify. This project will be owned by Lupe Development and Ecumen will serve as the management agent.
Part-Time, 0.5 FTE, Weekdays
Flexible schedule, would establish with hiring manager
We offer great pay & an incredibly supportive team environment
Be a part of this brand new community!
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Service Coordinator is responsible for providing positive leadership and compliance in the housing setting. The HUD Service Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that residents are linked to the supportive services they need to continue living independently in their current housing environment. All services should meet the specific desires and needs of the residents themselves.
Essential job responsibilities include:
Service Coordinator Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Provides general case management, including intake and referral services to all residents needing such assistance.
- Documents activities and provides required reporting.
- Establishes relationships with all agencies and service providers in the community to ensure individualized flexible and creative services are available for the residents.
- Maintains a current directory of providers for use by project staff, residents and resident's family members.
- Educates residents on service availability, application procedures, client rights, etc., providing advocacy as appropriate and referring residents to service providers in the community.
- Monitors the ongoing provision of services from community agencies and keeps the case management and provider agency current with the progress of the individual. Manages the provision of supportive services where appropriate.
- Helps the resident build informal social support networks with other residents, family and friends.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to take and pass American Association of Service Coordinator Program within first 24 months of employment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in Social Work
- Previous experience working with Seniors
- Previous HUD Experience