Quartet Senior Living
Dining Assistant - Full Time 80hrs bi-weekly 10:30am-7pm Every other weekend/Holiday rotation. We offer excellent benefits, competitive pay and a very fun working environment!
Quartet Senior Living is hiring a Dining Assistant. Quartet consists of 88 assisted living units, as well as 32 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. Quartet is an Ecumen managed community.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Dining Assistant is responsible for assisting with food preparation, serving and cleanup. Maintains work area in proper order and follows established policies and procedures of the facility while demonstrating high levels of service. Complies with all federal and state regulations.
Essential job responsibilities include:
Dining Assistant Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Provides exemplary service to our residents, families and guests, ensuring all feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service.
- Serves meals to residents per diet order and portion size. All food will be served at the proper temperature.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, safe and efficiently organized work area. Products will be labeled, dated and rotated ensuring an adequate, fresh inventory of food and supplies. Operates all equipment, specific to duties, in a safe manner.
- Completes opening and closing duties as assigned. Accomplishes routine, daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities.
- Notifies supervisor if any changes in residents' personal health is observed.
- Responds to resident requests and special requests, concerns or complaints and promptly notifies supervisor.
- Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the leadership team.
- Assists with special functions as directed.
- Demonstrates respect for facility property and supplies.
- 16 years of age
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- High school diploma or GED
- Commercial kitchen experience
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Previous senior care experience
- Serv Safe or other food safety and sanitation training/certification