FeatherStone at Hickory Hill
Housing Director - Full Time 1.0 FTE M-F 8am-5pm On-call and MOD Requirements. We offer competitive pay & excellent benefits including 401k with 6% contribution, paid Holidays, PTO and much more! Be a part of a brand new community with several layers of support and an amazing team environment!
FeatherStone is hiring a Housing Director. Opening in Fall 2024, tucked in a rolling, wooded knoll directly adjacent to Hickory Hill Park, the brand new FeatherStone ushers in a new era of senior living for Iowa City. Enjoy being surrounded by nature, while providing excellent care and quality experiences for our residents. FeatherStone consists of 88 assisted living units, as well as 32 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. FeatherStone is an Ecumen managed community.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Housing Director is responsible for the overall management of the team members, site programs and building. Oversees daily operations and monitor the delivery of services provided to the residents and ensure their needs are being met. Assists in developing services and/or programs to meet the needs of the resident community including public relations, marketing, human resource, financial and compliance, oversight of the building and its programs.
Essential job responsibilities include:
Housing Director Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Maximizes occupancy through ongoing marketing, providing tours and explanation of services to potential clients, families, community and referrals.
- Meets regularly with the leadership team and team members to ensure issues, concerns and suggestions are addressed and resolved. Develops and holds leadership team accountable to their job responsibilities. Consistently role models expected behaviors.
- Maintains open lines of communication with residents and team members to monitor levels of satisfaction, and respond appropriately if changes are needed.
- Responsible for management and supervision of team members, including performance management and training. Ensures leadership team is inspired, equipped and held accountable for job expectations as defined by Ecumen policies and procedures ensuring that all employees are treated equally and fairly.
- Ensures community is in compliance with federal, state and local standards and regulations by routinely inspecting the building, grounds, and equipment, assessing areas in need of improvement and correcting immediately. Ensures the environment is safe for all guests, residents and team members.
- Responsible for preparation of annual budget and capital replacement plan, advises supervisor of potential improvements and budget issues including variances. Responsible for expense tracking, revenue collection, and implement Ecumen policies and procedures.
- Acts as an Ambassador in the local community, representing Ecumen at community and public events and participates in marketing efforts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Senior Care
- Previous experience in a leadership position
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- General accounting and budget preparation experience/knowledge
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Previous single or multi-unit facility Senior Care management experience
- Housing with Services Certification
- Master's degree in related field
- Experience leading teams from more than one department