Ecumen Nursing Float Pool
Float Nurse Manager - Full Time .9 FTE - We offer excellent benefits, PTO, Competitive pay, Mileage Reimbursement and an incredibly supportive team environment!
Ecumen is hiring a Float Nurse Manager - MDS, RN for our Float Pool to support our team members, residents, and family members. Travel is required for this position. You will have the opportunity to work with our teams throughout Minnesota.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Float Nurse Manager/MDS is responsible for completion of Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessments with a focus on accuracy, reimbursement maximization, and regulatory compliance. This position is also responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and coaching team members that deliver nursing care to the residents in accordance with current regulations. This position is a flexible role, serves residents across all Ecumen sites, and travels between multiple locations based on Ecumen's needs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Completes Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessments timely and accurately.
2. Completes Care Area Assessment (CAA) documentation in accordance with professional standards of practice, based on regulatory requirements and MDS information.
3. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to develop and implements person-centered, comprehensive care plans.
4. Accurately observes and monitors residents' condition on an ongoing basis. Delegates data collection within scope of practice and responds to findings in a timely manner.
5. Coordinates care and services with other departments/providers from the time of admission to discharge. Documents and communicates care related information in the manner dictated by nursing practice and facility policy.
6. Completes appropriate assessments, documentation, delegating data collection within scope of practice and acting timely on findings. Implements physician orders, administers medications, and completes treatments as ordered.
7. Ensures adherence to policies and procedures, State and Federal requirements, rules, and regulations as they relate to nursing care in the Skilled Nursing Facility.
8. Works with internal and external partners to ensure emergency procedures are in place and the clinical department is prepared to respond. Reacts appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills, emerging infectious diseases, and other emergency situations.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
-Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing program
-Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure.
-1+ year(s) licensed nurse experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)
-Experience in MDS assessments and care planning
-Ability to travel to any Ecumen facilities; travel may require overnight stays
-Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
-Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of -Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
-Proven leadership abilities