Ecumen Point Pleasant Heights
Maintenance Assistant - Part Time Days 48hrs bi-weekly .6FTE 7:30am-2pm Limited On-Call (Emergencies Only)
Ecumen Point Pleasant Heights is hiring a Maintenance Assistant. Ecumen Point Pleasant Heights consists of 63 apartments and 46 townhomes. The community sits on 25 beautifully wooded acres near Green Lake.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of maintenance duties in the building and grounds. Provides preventative maintenance, maintenance tasks from work orders as well as what is observed or reported. This position maintains a safe environment for residents, family, staff and visitors.
Essential job responsibilities include:
1. Performs regular preventative maintenance and repairs as required throughout property.
2. Assists Environmental Leadership Team to ensure facility is in compliance with all appropriate regulations including local, state and federal laws.
3. Responds appropriately to fire/disasters; understands procedures for shutting off equipment and securing building as necessary to reduce hazards.
4. Assists residents and staff with moving of furniture and other heavy items throughout the facility.
5. Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all team members within the community as directed by the leadership team.
6. Maintains a clean sanitary work area, complies with state and federal rules and regulations, and follows established policies, procedures and practices of the facility.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Previous maintenance work experience or equivalent training
Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Any technical skills training