Ecumen Hospice - Duluth
Hospice RN Case Manager - Full Time 1.0 FTE M-F 8am-4:30pm - On-call rotation every 4th Weekend - We offer excellent benefits, great pay and an incredibly supportive and fun team environment!
Ecumen Hospice is hiring a Registered Nurse Case Manager, RN to serve the Two Harbors and Silver Bay, Minnesota area. Ecumen Hospice is a non-profit, Medicare-certified hospice that has been providing life-honoring care in Minnesota for almost 30 years. We serve those who are experiencing a life-limiting condition and the people that are closest to them, through a comprehensive offering of services which include but are not limited to: physician oversight, nursing, social work, spiritual care, hospice aide assistance, music therapy, massage therapy, volunteer services, pet therapy, and bereavement care.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Hospice RN Case Manager is responsible for providing direct care and case management for a team of clients in accordance with agency standards and policies. Perform skilled nursing functions in the home and community setting as well as serve the nursing needs of patients, families and groups throughout the lifespan.
Essential job responsibilities:
1. Delivers skilled services efficiently and effectively to meet patients and families.
2. Completes an initial, comprehensive, and ongoing assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness.
3. Collaborates with physicians, other health care professionals, clients, and families in developing a comprehensive coordinated plan of care.
4. Develops plan of care which includes objective goals for patient improvement in health and functional status. Evaluates plan of care on continuous basis, update physician and other therapies of changes in patient status and need for revision of plan of care.
5. Ensures that physician orders are communicated to the agency's staff with accuracy and thoroughness and understanding.
6. Initiates case conferences to discuss multidisciplinary team responsibilities, client progress, plans for continued care, new problems, etc.
7. Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and co-workers.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Registered Nurse Case Manager Minimum Required Qualifications:
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
One to two years nursing experience in post-acute care setting
Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
BSN or RN with CHPN credential
Previous management experience
One to two years in Medicare Hospice experience