Ecumen Prairie Hill
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing confidential, professional administrative support while working in accordance with established policies, procedures, and/or specific instructions from the executive director and/or delegated supervisor. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for sending out correspondence, data entry, issuing receipts as applicable, assisting with administrative projects, and filing.About Us:
Ecumen Prairie Hill and Ecumen Sand Prairie are hiring an Administrative Assistant. Ecumen Sand Prairie consists of 42 assisted living rental apartment homes, and Ecumen Prairie Hill consists of 43 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. Both are located in St. Peter, Minnesota, and are apart of the Ecumen Pathstone campus.
Ecumen, a MN based non profit, is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve. Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Opportunity Details:
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8a - 4:30p. Leader on Duty rotation.
Pay: $17.65 - $22.95 depending on experience.Essential Job Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Answers the phone politely and attentively, screens calls, routes calls, and takes messages for residents and staff.
- Composes, types, copies and disseminates special reports, documents, correspondence, and provides clerical assistance as directed from various departments and staff.
- Organizes and maintains filing systems which may include assembling medical charts, organizing and purging medical records.
- Sends and receives fax transmissions, as directed.
- May assist with inventory control and purchasing and ordering medical and office supplies.
- Performs errands for the organization, as assigned.
- Conducts projects as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Excellent customer service and phone skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to meet deadlines despite distractions and interruptions.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Experience working with seniors.
- Must be able prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Must be able to work independently and must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to maintain confidential treatment of information and communications.